Village Creek Society is Seeking Candidates to Launch Urban Waters Initiative
Position: Program Support Specialist
Position Description: Village Creek Human and Environmental Justice Society is seeking a Program Support Specialist to identify and secure partnership, sponsorship, funding, membership resources and support necessary to perform all programs associated with the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Targeted Watershed Grants Program for the Village Creek Society Urban Water Capacity-Building Project.
§ Develop and maintain volunteer resources, partnerships, membership and sponsorship registry/directory. Make personal, direct contact for current involvement.
§ Develop and implement a diversified support and funding plan; a Junior Village Creek Society Advisory Board; a Volunteer Village Creek Society Advisory Board; promote the plans for the Headwater Section; the Mid Section and the Lower Section of Village Creek.
- Degree/s in environmental education, environmental science or closely related fields
- Minimum of one year experience in project planning and management
- Must be highly organized, highly motivated, technically savvy, have strong writing skills, like working with diverse groups, have strong problem solving and strong public speaking skills, have the ability to work in the field and in a professional office environment, along with the ability to network effectively to promote the organization.
- Must have a strong willingness to assist and facilitate all aspects of the organization’s efforts
- Ability; to work with various software programs, website management, mapping software and design of outreach materials.
- Work proactively with Executive Director and partnering organization on the identification and development of fundable and sustainable programmatic initiatives that reflect the Grants priorities. A knowledge of Village Creek Society, Village Creek, its watershed and/or the history of the communities within it is helpful, but not required
- Depending on experience, education and qualifications
- Employment Type: Approximately 25-39 hours a week
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to:
Village Creek Human and Environmental Justice Society, Inc.
Attention: Program Support Specialist
P.O. Box 310715
Birmingham, Alabama 35231