Village Creek Society is Seeking Candidates to Launch Urban Waters Initiative
Position: Program Coordinator
Position Description: Village Creek Human and Environmental Justice Society Inc. is seeking a Program Coordinator to coordinate all Village Creek Society environmental awareness and community engagement programs associated with the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Targeted Watershed Grant s Program for the Village Creek Society Urban Water Capacity-Building Project.
- Assist in meeting all of the project coordination, implementation, management, reporting, and audit compliance requirements associated with the Agreement between the City of Birmingham and the Village Creek Society pertaining to the Urban Water Capacity- Building Project.
- Develop action plans; attend meetings; plan and host community engagement and education opportunities; watershed skills training sessions; Open Science High School Classes operation; annual Creek clean ups; Creek bank stabilization action plan
- Degree/s in environmental education, environmental science or closely related fields
- Minimum of one year experience in project planning and management
- Must be highly organized, highly motivated, technically savvy, have strong writing skills, like working with diverse groups, have strong problem solving and strong public speaking skills, have the ability to work in the field and in a professional office environment, along with the ability to network effectively to promote the organization.
- Must have a strong willingness to assist and facilitate all aspects of the organization’s efforts
- Ability to work with various software programs, website management, mapping software and design of outreach materials.
- Work proactively with Executive Director and partnering organization on the identification and development of fundable and sustainable programmatic initiatives that reflect the Grant’s priorities. A knowledge of Village Creek Society, Village Creek, its watershed and/or the history of the communities within it is helpful, but not required.
- Depending on experience, education and qualifications
- Employment Type: Approximately 25-39 hours a week
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to:
Village Creek Human and Environmental Justice Society, Inc.
Attention: Program Coordinator
P.O. Box 310715
Birmingham, Alabama 35231