On Friday, the Alabama Environmental Management Commission's Strategic Planning Standing Committee released to the Commission and the public it's recommended Draft Strategic Plan. Here is a list of the plan's 13 goals.
* Secure and Increase Stable Funding for ADEM
* Continue Strategic Planning Steering Committee Oversight and Accountability
* Continue Personnel Standing Committee Evaluation of the ADEM Director
* Increase Public Input
* Improve AEMC and ADEM's Relationships with the Public and Legislature
New Policy Goals
* Factor Environmental Justice into ADEN Programs
* Ensure Regulatory Standards are Most Protective of Health and Environment in the Nation based on Science and Ecological Conditions
*Increase Compliance with Issues Permits
* Expand Pollution Prevention Initiatives and Waste Reduction/Recycling Measures
* Review and Upgrade Notification Measures
* Enhance the State's Brownfield Program
* Update the 1991 Solid Waste Management Plan
* Review Emerging Environmental Management Issues
Read the entire AEMC Draft Plan by going here.